Think about all of the “sellers” that you encounter over the course of a week – whether in your place of business, in other people’s businesses, on the radio or TV, or wherever it is that you encounter them.
Are they really trying to help you?
Or, are they trying to convince you and others to buy their next “knick-knack” or “gadget” that has fleeting usefulness and value?
This is not the kind of seller you want to be. Here’s the kind of seller you want to be:
- Romans 12:10 – “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love.” With a heart full of care, sell as if you were selling to your brother. As a Christian, you obviously wouldn’t sell anything to your brother that didn’t have lasting value and usefulness.
- Romans 13:10 – “Love worketh no ill to his neighbour.” Never sell anything from which you would gain but your customer would not.
- 1 Peter 1:22 – “See that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.” We are to love God, ourselves, and others. When we do, then we are only interested in true win-win situations – situations where you, your customer and God’s Kingdom are benefited on a long-term basis. When you sell in this kind of a model, your success is sure to come.
- 1 John 3:18 – “Let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.” You aren’t looking to “slick-talk” customers into doing business with you. You are looking to demonstrate that you care about them and that you are able to offer them something of lasting usefulness and value.
- Mark 10:21 – “Then Jesus beholding him loved him.” In Mark 10, we see the story of Jesus trying to “sell” a rich man on becoming a Millionaire For Jesus instead of a millionaire for himself. As Jesus goes to “close” the sale, He looks upon his “customer” and He “loved him”. When you are selling, make sure that you love your customers and your sincerity will come shining through.
A Millionaire For Jesus is a SELLER who LOVES and HELPS people.
© 2010 – 2015, MillionairesForJesus.com. All rights reserved worldwide.
Permission is granted to reprint this article ONLY if a link is included with it as follows: