To those of you who would like to become a Millionaire For Jesus, consider how I select the use of my business time…
- My quality of life is determined by what I give first place to.
- I don’t let someone who didn’t do what they were supposed to do, when they were supposed to do it, drop their “fire” in my lap. Otherwise, my whole day will go up in smoke because of some “arsonist”.
- When I have long and short-term goals, I know where I want to go and it’s easy to determine whether or not the work, tasks, and projects I’m working on will take me there.
- Leveraging my business time isn’t hard. All I have to do is block out time for myself – close the door, turn off the phone, shut down email, remove all distractions – and focus on the one single thing that my intuition (God speaking to my heart) tells me has the highest revenue-generating potential.
- It really is as simple as letting my intuition (God speaking to my heart) guide me in what it is that has the highest revenue-generating potential, and then having the discipline and resolve to concentrate and focus single-mindedly on that one thing until it is complete or there is absolutely nothing else I can do towards completing it. Then, I let my intuition (God speaking to my heart) guide me to the next thing that has the highest revenue-generating potential and I repeat the process.
- If I don’t set aside time for myself each business day, then I do not value myself or my time.
- If I don’t focus on the one thing that my intuition (God speaking to my heart) tells me has the highest revenue-generating potential, then I do not value myself or my time.
- The natural tendency for all of us is to “major in minors” and to give in to the temptation to clear up the small things first. After all, small things are easier and they are often more fun than the big, important things that represent the most valuable use of our time. However, “majoring in minors” means that I will have a minor income and minor results in life! But, by focusing single-mindedly on the one thing that has the highest revenue-generating potential, I will have major income and major results in life!
- In business, there are certain things that I must constantly do:
- Prospecting: Look for new people who need my products and services.
- Networking: Get out of my office and give myself the opportunity to meet new people.
- Contact People: Pick up the phone. Mail the sales letters. Send the emails. Do something to make something happen.
- Talk To People: Ask good questions. Search for problems. Discover new trends, ideas, or opportunities. Learn.
- Make An Offer: Tell people what I have to offer and ask them to buy.
- Product Development: Develop or find new products or services that will make my customers lives better and easier.
- Learn: Learn how to do all of the above better, faster, easier, more creatively
How much business time you spend on your business – whether 1 hour per day, 1 day per week, 3 days a week, or 5 days a week, matters only in the sense of how fast you will achieve what it is that you want to achieve. What’s most important is that you consistently set aside this business time for yourself with no exceptions.
Here are the two really important reasons why I am so careful and strict about how I spend my business time:
- Family Time: The important people in my life equate how much I love them and care about them to how much quality, uninterrupted, time I spend with them. If I get too busy to spend time with my spouse, children, family, and friends, I will eventually lose them as they go off into their own personal world of other people and other activities. By being very careful with and strict about my business time, I put myself in a position both time-wise and money-wise where I can enjoy my family time to the fullest.
- God Time: I must make sure that I devote time to God every day. If I don’t keep my relationship with Christ up-to-date, then I will soon lose the connection and the source to everything I want and need. By being very careful with and strict about my business time, I put myself in a position both time-wise and money-wise where I can be of maximum service and value to the Kingdom of God.
© 2010 – 2015, MillionairesForJesus.com. All rights reserved worldwide.
Permission is granted to reprint this article ONLY if a link is included with it as follows: